A guide to how Whisk processes your data
When you install Whisk on your site/app/experience - we automatically track certain data on visitors which are core to our service.
Below, is a list of data we track.
App Traffic and Behaviour Data
We record this for every visitor where our application is integrated and you've set it up to track visitor behaviour.
- Web page visits (the number of times a visitor has visited recipe pages).
- Shopping List actions (shopping lists created, all data relating to what items were added to a shopping list) and eCommerce store product choices (including brand, prices, quantities).
- City and country (calculated by the lead or visitor’s IP address location).
- Browser versions and language (the language and version of the browser a person is using).
- Device the visitor is using
We record this for visitors that sign up to the Whisk application and create user accounts:
- Name (a person’s full name)
- Email (visitor’s or lead’s email address)
- Location of a visitor and a visitor’s preferences if they have set these up in our platform.
- Associate the App Traffic and Behaviour Data with the visitor account.
Retailer credentials data
We record this data if a visitor chooses to transfer their basket to an eCommerce retailer:
- For OAuth integrated retailers: The fact a visitor is signed up to this retailer
- Or non-Oauth-integrated retailers: A visitor’s retailer visitor name and password
- The products a visitor has transferred to the retailer's basket.
We do not store any payment details, delivery addresses or similar data associated with ordering groceries as all transactions happen on the retailer site and not on our platform.
Services & Technology we use
Whisk uses the following services:
- Intercom: www.whisk.com to manage web-chat and analytics (B2B)
- Google Analytics & Mixpanel: On our visitor-facing applications (on the shopping list this includes all traffic data once a visitor has clicked the shopping list. We do not use these services on the "widget").
- Clickhouse: To track widget impressions. This allows us to report on things like CTR of buttons.
- Adzerk: To serve native advertising within our own applications. This data is only used to serve ads in our own platform.
How we do and don't use data for
- DO: Reporting & Analytics: Understand how visitors interact with our services. We use this internally at Whisk and make reports and insights available to our customers about their own property. This helps us improve the service.
- DO: Use general trend data for insight reports. We do not identify publishers or visitors and only use traffic and our own data about content for this.
- DO NOT: Share identifiable visitor data (trends or otherwise) from our publisher properties with anyone other than the owner publisher.
- DO NOT: Sell or syndicate identifiable visitor data to anyone.