Need a place to digitally store your handwritten recipes? Experimenting with a new recipe but don’t know where to document it? Whisk’s Recipe Builder allows you to create and save your own recipes right to your Recipe Box so all of your recipes are always within reach. Here’s how to get started with Recipe Builder:
How to Build Your Own Recipes
1. Navigate to your Whisk Recipe Box. Tap the Recipes icon at the bottom of your screen.
2. Click the + icon in the bottom right of your screen and select + Create recipe from the menu that appears
3. You’ll be redirected to a new window where you can fill in all the details about your recipe
- Title: Give your recipe a name (try something like “Classic Guacamole”)
- Add source: Add a URL or link to your recipe if you have one. You can also add a source name for the URL, for instance, if it’s linked to your own food blog, you might add your blog’s name.
- Add Photo: If you have a photo of your recipe, you can upload it here
- Description: Add a brief description of your recipe, notes, helpful tips, serving size suggestions, or anything else you might like to jot down about your recipe.
- Ingredients: Add each ingredient in your recipe. Start by adding your first ingredient in the text box–a new line will automatically appear for you to add the next ingredient. To save time, you can copy and paste multiple ingredients at once. You also have the option to add section headers to the ingredient list by pressing + Header and typing in a header name.
- Instructions: Begin adding recipe instructions one step at a time–a new line will automatically appear for you to add the next step. You can also copy and paste multiple instruction steps at once.
- Servings: Add the number of servings your recipe yields (i.e. 6 servings)
- Prep time: Add how long it takes to prep ingredients in minutes or hours (i.e. 10 minutes)
- Cook time: Add how long it takes to cook the recipe in minutes or hours (i.e. 5 minutes)
- Collection: If you want to add your recipe to a collection, use the dropdown to add your recipe to an existing collection or create a new collection for this recipe.
4. Click Save and you’ll be redirected to your new recipe!
How to Add Multiple Ingredients or Instruction Steps at Once
If you want to add multiple ingredients or steps at once and already have them typed up in an email or document on your device, simply copy all of the additional ingredients or steps and paste them all at once into the blank text box. The Recipe Builder will automatically separate each ingredient or step onto separate lines.
To see how it works, try copying and pasting the following list of ingredients into the text box under Ingredients.
- 3 avocados
- ½ diced red onion
- 1 diced tomato
The same can be done for the list of steps. Try copying and pasting the following instructions into the text box under Instructions.
- Cut and remove the pits from the avocados.
- Scoop the avocado into a mixing bowl and mash.
How to Add Section Headers to Your Ingredient List
- To add section headers to your ingredient list, press + Header at the bottom of the ingredient list
- Enter a name for your header
- You can move the section header by selecting the Edit button next to the top of the ingredient section
- Then, use the hamburger icon to drag and drop the header within the ingredient list
How to Reorder Ingredients or Instruction Steps
- To reorder ingredients or instruction steps, select the Edit button next to the top of the ingredient section
- Click the hamburger icon and drag and drop the ingredient within the ingredient list or steps