Planning ahead makes it easier to prepare and eat great meals throughout the week. With Whisk Meal Planner, you can map out what you'll cook during the week, turn your meal plan into a shopping list, and even get ingredients delivered right to your door.
Getting Started with Meal Planner
Your Meal Plan is always accessible straight from the home screen. Just tap the calendar icon at the bottom of the screen to get started.
How to Add Recipes to Your Meal Plan
- From the Planner tab, tap the + button at the bottom of your screen
- You'll have the option to add recipes from your Recipe Box, create a new recipe, or add a recipe using a link
- To add a recipe from your Recipe Box, select Add Saved Recipe. Then, choose a recipe from your Recipe Box and press Add.
- Next, choose a day of the week and press Done. You'll be redirected to your meal plan where you'll find your recently added recipe.
Note: You can choose to add a recipe to multiple days of the week or days across multiple weeks.
How to Add Recipes to Specific Days of Your Meal Plan
- To fill in each day of your meal plan, simply drag recipes you've already added to your meal plan to a specific day of the week, then drop them on the appropriate day.
- You can also tap the three dots at the corner of any recipe and tap Choose day.
Note: You can also tap on any day of the week within Meal Planner and import recipes from anywhere.
Next, we'll show how you can add recipes from your Recipe Box directly to Meal Planner.
How to Add Recipes to Meal Planner from Your Recipe Box or a Community
Add recipes from Meal Planner straight to your Recipe Box or from a Whisk Community.
- From your Recipe Box or a Community, tap the three dots on a recipe tile or open the recipe and tap Add to. Select Add to Meal Plan.
- Next, you have the option to either add your recipe to a specific day of the week, or press Done and use the Meal Planner drag and drop tool to add the recipe to a specific day later on.
Next, we'll learn how you can shop for ingredients for your meal plan.
How to Turn Your Meal Plan into a Shopping ListAfter you've added recipes to your meal plan, it's easy to create a shopping list with all the ingredients you need.
- To add your entire meal plan to your shopping list, tap the + button at the bottom of your screen. Then, select Add plan to shopping list.
- If you want to add individual recipes from your meal plan to your shopping list, tap the three dots on any recipe tile, then select Add to shopping list.
How to Share Your Meal PlanShare your meal plan with others to collaborate on what’s for dinner.
- Navigate to your meal plan and tap “Share” to invite others. If someone else in your household currently sets up your meal plan, they should be the one to share.
- When others join your Shared Meal Plan, it will replace their individual meal plans.
- If a collaborator wants to go back to their individual meal plan, just remove that collaborator individually or disable collaboration on your meal plan entirely. Everyone’s individual meal plans will be restored like magic!
Do you have additional questions? Feel free to contact us. We're always happy to help.