Whisk makes it easy to share recipes with friends and family. Recipe and collection sharing allows you to save and share your favorite recipes with anyone through email, link, text, social media, and more. Here’s how you can start sharing your favorite recipes with friends and family even from afar.
How to Share a Single Recipe
1. Navigate to your Recipe Box by tapping the Saved icon at the top (my.whisk.com) or bottom (apps) of your screen.
2. Find the recipe you’d like to share and tap the three dots to the right of the recipe name. Select Send recipe from the menu.
- Alternatively, click into the recipe you’d like to share and select the share icon in the top right corner of your screen.
3. A new window will appear where you can choose to share your recipe the following ways:
- Email recipe: Start typing a name or email address into the text field (Whisk will automatically pull from your contacts if you’re using a mobile device), then press send.
- Copy link: Select copy link and a unique link to the recipe will be copied to your clipboard for you to share however you’d like.
- Messages (or SMS): From your mobile device, you can use your phone’s messaging app to send a text message with the recipe, or from a computer, simply enter the phone number you’d like to send the link to and press send.
- Facebook: Share your recipe by posting on Facebook. You’ll be redirected to Facebook where you can create a post with a link to your recipe.
- Twitter: Tweet your recipe or share it through Twitter direct messages. You’ll be redirected to Twitter where you can create a tweet or direct message with a link to your recipe.
- WhatsApp: Send a link with WhatsApp. You’ll be redirected to WhatApp where you can choose who you’d like to send the recipe to.
- Telegram: Send a link with Telegram. You’ll be redirected to Telegram where you can choose who you’d like to send the recipe to.
- Other ways to share: If you’re sharing a recipe from your mobile device, you’ll also see additional ways you can share your recipe with apps that you have on your phone.
4. Anyone you share your recipe with will be able to view the recipe even if they don’t have a Whisk account. They’ll have the option to create a Whisk account and save the recipe to their Recipe Box or they can simply view the recipe.
How to Share More Than One Recipe
There are two ways to share a collection of recipes.
1. Navigate to Communities - this will be a tab at the top of your screen (my.whisk.com) or on the a tab on the Home Screen (apps).
2. Select the + icon and a window will open.
- In the iOS and Android apps, you will be prompted to Create private community or Create public community - select private.
- On my.whisk.com, the Community setup window will open.
3. You can fill out the following fields:
- Community Name: let your creativity flow and give your Community a great name.
- Photo: add a nice photo.
- Category: select a category that serves as the theme of your Community.
- Privacy: confirm Private is selected.
- Permissions: decide if you only want yourself and anyone else you designate as an admin to add recipes, or if you want anyone you ask to join your Community to be able to add.
- Web & Social (optional): You can link to any website, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok page.
4. Once complete, click Create to save your Community
5. To invite friends and family, open your new, private Community and click Invite. There are multiple options including copy link, email, text and more.
In your Recipe Box, you can create Collections and add recipes to them. To find out more, see this article. You can share those Collections but please note there is a limitation. Specifically, if you or someone with whom you've shared a Collection makes any changes to the recipes in that Collection, those changes will not be visible to you or anyone else who has access to that Collection.
To share a collection:
- Tap Saved icon at the top (my.whisk.com) or bottom (native apps) of the screen.
- Select Collections tab at the top of the screen.
- Find and select the Collection you’d like to share.
- Tap the share icon or in the top right corner of the screen.
- A pop up will appear where you can choose to share your collection by email, link, text, social media, and more.
- When you share a collection, the recipient will be able to view the collection even if they don’t have a Whisk account. They’ll also have the option to sign up for a Whisk account and save the collection to their own recipe box.