New to Whisk? We’re thrilled you’re here, and we can’t wait to help you connect your food journey from recipe inspiration to meal creation. To get you started on the right foot, we’re answering some of our users most frequently asked questions so you can take advantage of all Whisk has to offer. Keep reading or jump to a specific question below.
How do I create my own recipes?
How can I change the quantity of a recipe ingredient?
How can I add notes to my recipes?
Create and Edit Recipes
Connect your food journey from inspiration to creation. Build your own original recipes or edit your favorites. Recipe Builder lets you create or modify recipes so they’re always there when you need them to search, cook, or share with others.
How to Create Your Own Recipe
Create and save your own recipes right to your Recipe Box so all of your recipes are always within reach.
1. Tap Recipes at the bottom of your screen
2. Click the + icon in the bottom right of your screen and select Create new recipe from the menu that appears
3. You’ll be redirected to a new window where you can fill in all the details about your recipe
- Title: Give your recipe a name (try something like “Classic Guacamole”)
- Add source: Add a URL or link to your recipe if you have one. You can also add a source name for the URL, for instance, if it’s linked to your own food blog, you might add your blog’s name.
- Add Photo: If you have a photo of your recipe, you can upload it here
- Description: Add a brief description of your recipe, notes, helpful tips, serving size suggestions, or anything else you might like to jot down about your recipe.
- Ingredients: Add each ingredient in your recipe. Start by adding your first ingredient in the text box–a new line will automatically appear for you to add the next ingredient. To save time, you can copy and paste multiple ingredients at once. You also have the option to add section headers to the ingredient list by pressing + Header and typing in a header name.
- Instructions: Begin adding recipe instructions one step at a time–a new line will automatically appear for you to add the next step. You can also copy and paste multiple instruction steps at once.
- Servings: Add the number of servings your recipe yields (i.e. 6 servings)
- Prep time: Add how long it takes to prep ingredients in minutes or hours (i.e. 10 minutes)
- Cook time: Add how long it takes to cook the recipe in minutes or hours (i.e. 5 minutes)
- Collection: If you want to add your recipe to a collection, use the dropdown to add your recipe to an existing collection or create a new collection for this recipe.
4. Click Save and you’ll be redirected to your new recipe!
How to Change Ingredient Quantities
Use the Recipe Builder to quickly edit recipe ingredients and quantities.
1. Tap Recipes at the bottom of the screen
2. Find the recipe for which you’d like to change the ingredient quantities and tap the three dots next to the recipe name. Select Edit recipe from the menu that appears. Alternatively, click into the recipe you’d like to edit and select the pencil icon in the top right corner of the screen.
3. You’ll be redirected to the recipe builder. Scroll down to the Ingredients section.
4. To change the quantity of an ingredient, tap the ingredient. Then, simply type in a different amount listed for that specific ingredient. For instance, you can type in 2 onions instead of 1 to change the quantity of onions needed for that recipe.
5. Once you’ve made the adjustment, click Save in the top right corner of the screen
How to Add a Note to a Recipe
Add helpful notes to your saved recipes using the Recipe Builder.
1. Tap Recipes at the bottom of the screen
2. Find the recipe you’d like to add a note to and tap the three dots next to the recipe name. Select Edit recipe from the menu that appears. Alternatively, click into the recipe you’d like to edit and select the pencil icon in the top right corner of the screen.
3. You’ll be redirected to the recipe builder. Scroll down to the Description section.
4. Add your note in the description text box
5.Click Save in the top right corner of the screen
Have a question we didn’t answer? Check out more of our Getting Started with Whisk help articles:
Do you have additional questions? Feel free to contact us. We're always happy to help.