Here are some of our most frequently asked questions about using the Meal Planner. For an overview of this feature, please see the Getting Started with Meal Planner article.
How can I assign recipes in my meal plan to a specific day?
Recipes you’ve added to your meal plan but haven’t assigned to a specific day will appear at the top of your meal plan. To assign recipes to a specific day, simply drag and drop the recipe to any day of the week.
Where can I view all the recipes I’ve added to my meal plan?
When you add recipes to your meal plan, Whisk automatically creates a collection called “Added to meal plan.” Any recipe that you’ve ever added to your meal plan will appear in this collection.
How can I change my Meal Planner start date?
You can change the day your meal plan starts within our native Android and iOS apps, but not in our Web App (my.whisk.com). Please note that any change in the native app is reflected in the web app once that change is saved.
Can I schedule recurring meals for a specific day across multiple weeks?
Yes, you can schedule the same meal for a specific day across multiple weeks. To do that follow these steps:
- Go to the Saved tab
- Choose a recipe and go to the 3-dots recipe menu
- Select Add to…
- Select Meal plan
- Press Choose day on the popping up prompt
- Select a day of the current week you would like to add the recipe to
- Navigate to the following weeks by pressing the arrow next to the week dates and add the recipe to the same day of the following weeks (or actually to any other day or days as well)
Can I add multiple recipes to my meal plan at once?
Yes, to add multiple recipes to your meal plan at once, tap the + button. You’ll be redirected to your Recipe Box where you can then select all the recipes you’d like to add to your meal plan. The recipes you selected will not be assigned to a specific day.
Can I assign multiple recipes to the same day?
Yes, you can assign up to 7 recipes per day. However, if you choose multiple recipes to add to your meal plan at once, you will not be able to choose a specific day. Instead, the recipes will be left unscheduled at the top of your meal plan. To add each recipe to a specific day, you can drag and drop them to the day you’d like to schedule them for.
How do I share a meal plan?
Meal planning for a household often requires collaboration. Whisk make this easy.
To share the Meal Planner you need to use the iOS or Android app:
1. Navigate to the Meal Planner and tap “Share” to invite others. If someone else in your household currently manages the Meal Planner with their account, they should be the one to share.
2. When others join the Meal Planner, it will replace their individual Meal Plans.
3. Collaborators want to go back to their individual Meal Plans? Just remove people individually or disable collaboration on your Meal Plan entirely. Everyone’s individual Meal Plans will be restored like magic. Individual collaborators can leave a shared meal plan whenever they like (Menu > Leave meal plan).
Does Whisk auto-populate my Meal Planner with recipe recommendations?
Whisk does not currently provide features that auto-populate recipes in your meal plan. If your meal planner is auto-populated, the two most common causes are:
Cause 1. Your Whisk account is connected to your SmartThings app and "Recommended Weekly Meal Plan" is enabled there. To make the change in the SmartThings app:
a. Open the SmartThings app
b. Open Cooking Service (you can usually find it on the Life tab)
c. Open Meal Planner
d. Press the 3-dot menu in the top-right corner and select 'Settings'
d. Disable "Recommended weekly meal plan"
Of course you can do the opposite to enable Meal Planner recommendations on the SmartThings app.
Cause 2. The meal plan you are viewing is shared. If Meal Planner is shared, you can leave the shared plan and return to a private plan by:
1. Click the three dot menu in the upper right corner of the Meal Planner
2. Click Leave Shared Meal Plan and the following dialog box will appear to confirm:
Do you have additional questions? Feel free to contact us. We're always happy to help.