Create a Private Community that’s just for you and your family or friends to share recipes. With Private Communities, the possibilities are endless.
- Store family recipes that have been passed down from generation to generation all in one place
- Create a space for you and your friends to get inspired by what everyone's cooking
- Have the entire household share recipes to inspire what you cook for the upcoming week
- Use Private Communities in your professional life! Nutritionists, trainers, and teachers—create your own Private Community to help you share recipes with your clients.
- And so much more...
Here’s how to get started creating your own:
How to Create a Private Community
Invite your family, friends, or clients to your own Private Community to share recipes.
- From the Home tab, click the + icon in the bottom right corner of the screen
- A new window will appear prompting you to enter information about the Community you’d like to create
- Community name: Create a name for your community. This cannot be edited later.
- Cover photo: Add a cover photo for your Community.
- Description: Provide a brief description to let friends or family know what your Community is all about.
- Category: Select a relevant category from the dropdown.
- Privacy: Select Private. Your Community will not be discoverable by other Whisk users unless you invite them to join.
- Permissions: Choose whether anyone you invite to your Community can post recipes or if only you can.
- Press Create
- A confirmation pop up will appear. Your Community is now live! You’ll now see it appear in your My communities section.
How to Invite Collaborators to Your Private Community
Invite family or friends to contribute recipes to your Private Community.
- After you’ve created your Private Community, navigate to your Community from the Whisk Home tab. You’ll find your new Community listed under My communities.
- Press the Invite button to the right of your Community name.
- You can then invite collaborators by name, email, text, or through social media. You also have the option to copy and share a link to your Community.
How to Change a Public Community to a Private Community
Want to change your existing public Community to private? Here's how:
- Navigate to your Community from the Whisk Home tab
- From your Community, tap the three dots in the top right corner, then select Edit community
- Under Privacy, select Private
- A pop up window will appear. To confirm, press Change.
Note: When you change your Community to private, all of the current members will stay in the Community but new members will have to be approved. Non-members will not be able to see any recipes in your Community. Your Community will also be removed from the Whisk Home tab.
How to Approve Requests to Join Your Private Community
Approve non-members who’ve requested to join your Private Community.
- If a non-member requests to join your Private Community, you’ll see a red dot appear next to the member count on your Community’s page
- Click the member count to view a list of current members of your Community and any non-member requests to join
- Tap the name of the non-member. You should see “Pending” listed to the right of their name.
- To approve the non-member, select Approve membership
- To remove the non-member’s request to join, select Remove request, then confirm Yes
- You also have the option to block or report members
Do you have additional questions? Feel free to contact us. We're always happy to help.