Looking for recipe inspiration? Search for recipes, ingredients, and communities to get inspired for your next meal. Learn how to use our global search feature to discover new Whisk Communities and Community recipes right from your Home tab.
How to Search for Communities and Community Recipes
1. Open the Whisk app
2. On the Home tab, tap into the search bar at the top of the screen
3. Start typing what you're searching for. You can search for specific recipes, by ingredient, or for specific communities. You can also search for a specific diets or certain cuisines. For instance, try searching for "Keto" or "Mediterranean."
- Note: When you start your search, you'll also see your recent searches and the most popular search terms which you can then choose to search by.
4. Once you’ve entered what you’re searching for, press enter.
5. In the search results, you’ll find community recipes that match your search, as well as, Whisk communities.
6. You have the option to view:
- Everything: view both community recipes and communities in the search results
- Recipes: view only community recipes in the search results
- Communities: view only communities in the search results
7. You can toggle between views by selecting one of these tabs.
How to Filter and Sort Search Results
1. To further filter or sort the search results, select either the “Recipes” or “Communities” tabs
2. A filter button will appear in the bottom left corner
3. Click the Filter button
4. Use the dropdown at the top to sort by relevance, A to Z, newest, or oldest
5. Filter by tapping specific cuisines, meal types, and diets (you can select multiple options)
6. Then press “Apply” to further narrow your search results
How to Save a Recipe from the Search Results
1. From the search results, you can quickly save recipes by tapping on the save icon to the right of the recipe
2. You can also click into the recipe and select “Save recipe” to save it to your recipe box
How to Join a Community from the Search Results
1. From the search results, you can quickly join a community by tapping on “Join” to the right of the Community
2. You can also click into the community and select “Join” to become a member of that Community
Do you have additional questions? Feel free to contact us. We're always happy to help.