Remembering what you liked (and what you changed) about a recipe makes it easier to enjoy the recipe the next time you cook it, and it helps others as well. With “Made It” and Recipe Reviews, you can take note of what you liked or didn’t and share your insights with friends and community members so others can benefit from your experience.
How to Mark Recipes as “Made”
Easily take note of any recipe you’ve cooked by marking it as Made. Here’s how to get started after you’ve finished cooking:
- From the Recipes tab, tap the recipe you want to mark as Made. You can also access the recipe from a Community or a Meal Plan if you’ve added it there previously.
- Next, within the recipe, tap the Instructions tab. You’ll see a green button in the bottom right corner. Tap the button to mark the recipe as Made.
- You should now see the green button with a check mark in it
How to Rate a Recipe
You can rate a recipe in a few different ways:
1. After you’ve marked a recipe as Made - once marked, you’ll be asked whether you liked or disliked the recipe. You can select a thumbs up or thumbs down rating
2. From within the recipe card. To rate the recipe, you can:
a. Tap the thumbs up or thumbs down buttons that appear under the recipe title
b. ...or, click the “Add review” button shown below the recipe (if there aren’t any recipe reviews yet) or below the list of all the existing reviews
Don’t worry, you can always change your rating later.
How to Review a Recipe
Reviews consist of three pieces of information: a photo of your meal, tags that help you categorize the recipe at-a-glance, and notes about your experience. None of these pieces of information is required to complete a review, but you need at least one.
There are three ways to leave a review. To leave a review, you can either:
- Tap the thumbs up or thumbs down button at the top of the recipe and continue on to leave a review
- Click “Add review” under the Reviews section of the recipe
- Click “Made it” on the Instructions tab and continue on to leave a review
When leaving a review you can:
- Choose a photo for your review. You can either take a new photo or upload one from your photo library.
- Next, you can select review tags. Review tags allow you to specify how a recipe tasted, considerations around preparation, and how often you plan to make it again. Tap a tag to include it with your review—you can choose as many as you want.
- Finally, enter any notes you have about the recipe. If you’re reviewing a recipe that’s been added to a community, your review will be visible to other community members, so make sure you include all the information they might need to successfully prepare the recipe.
- Once you’ve completed your review, tap the “Save” button to continue.
- Like sharing recipes, you can share your reviews in many ways. If you included notes with your review, they will be incorporated into the share message along with a link to the recipe you reviewed.
How to View Recipe Ratings and Reviews
Within a recipe, you can see the ratings as the number of thumbs up and thumbs down ratings underneath the recipe title.
If you scroll down to the Reviews section (below the ingredient list), you can see a summary of ratings and reviews for the recipe. To see all the reviews, simply click “See all” or “See all reviews.”
In the Reviews section, you’ll also see the most common tags that have been added to reviews of this recipe.
If you’ve reviewed the recipe, your review (including rating, tags, photo, and notes) will be displayed first. Other reviews containing a photo or notes will be displayed below yours. If you see a review that you think should be reviewed by our content team, click the three dots next to the review and tap “Report comment.”
How to Edit/Delete Your Recipe Review
After you’ve rated the recipe, if you retap the “Made It” or thumbs up/thumbs down buttons, you will be prompted to edit your rating and/or review if desired.
- To delete your review, select “Edit review.” You will be redirected to the Review this recipe page.
- Tap the three dots in the upper right corner.
- Then, click “Delete review” to delete the review entirely.
- Alternatively, you can go to your review in the Reviews section and tap the three dots shown at the top right of your review. From there, you can choose to edit or delete your review.