The Whisk TikTok Jump is a way for creators to share their recipes with their viewers directly from their videos. When a viewer sees a small, green Whisk logo while watching your video on TikTok, they simply tap the link to view and save the full recipe to their recipe box on Whisk in an easy-to-cook format.
So, how do you add the Whisk TikTok Jump?
It is super easy.
1. After creating or uploading your video content on TikTok, tap on Add link on the Post screen (near the top)
2. Select Whisk from the list of available links:
3. The following screen appears. If your recipe does not already live on Whisk (in a Whisk Community), and if it lives on a web page, it is easy to add via URL.
4. Select the 'Add link from the web' button and enter or paste the URL of the recipe and select Save:
5. Assuming the recipe is formatted with basic HTML recipe schema (similar to the markup that Google requires for SEO and supported by a lot of recipe plugins used by food bloggers and publishers), Whisk will automatically detect the recipe and display it in a simple, easy to read format.
6. Now just select the 'Add to video' button, return to the TikTok Post screen and select 'Post' to publish your video.
What if Whisk doesn't recognize my recipe?
Whisk has a great recipe builder that makes it super easy to add a recipe manually. To find out more, see the How to Build Your Own Recipes section in The Recipe Creator's Guide to Whisk article.
In order to link this recipe to a TikTok video, you also need to add the recipe to a Whisk Community. To find out more, please see the Create Your Own Whisk Community and Managing Your Community sections in The Recipe Creator's Guide to Whisk.
Once your recipe is in a Whisk Community:
1. Select the 'Add from Whisk Communities' button:
2. This screen appears where you can search for a recipe and select it from the list:
3. Similar to the instructions above, select the 'Add to video' button, returning to the TikTok Post screen and select 'Post' to publish your video: