Whisk makes it very easy to create an account and there are a number of easy options:
Remember which method you used to create your account is not as easy.
The most important thing to remember is that when you sign up for a Whisk account, you are not prompted to create a password. Creating a password for your account is an action you take separately, once you are logged in. Most Whisk users do not have a password.
Here are some answers to frequently asked questions about logging in.
Do I need a password on Whisk?
Your account is protected whether you set a password or not as there is no way to access your account without having access to your email. We have a number of options to create an account and login without having a password.
1. Authentication options using other, major services. Specifically:
- Apple ID
2. Magic links – this is a one-time login link that is sent to your email upon request.
Most Whisk users do not create passwords and log in using the methods above.
What do I do if I cannot remember how to login or if I don't know if I have a password?
First, try the method that you most often use. If you most often sign up for accounts with Google, give that a try. If you have used that method, it will remember.
If that doesn't work, enter in the email you believe you used to sign up for Whisk. You'll get one of two dialog boxes that open:
- If a dialog box opens with Welcome back! then we recognize this email as an active account:
- If you do not know the password, no problem. Select the Send login link button:
- Go to your inbox to get the magic link (if you haven't received it after a few minutes, please check your Spam folder):
- Once you click the Sign in to Whisk button, you will be taken to Whisk and you will be logged in.
- Now you can see if you set a password or not by clicking on your Profile in the upper right corner and selecting Settings -> Account.
- If you see dots in the Password section then you have set up a password:
- By clicking into the Password section you can go through the process of resetting your password by selecting Forgot Password.
- If you do do not see the dots, but instead see Set a password, then you have not set up a password and most likely logged in with one of the other choices - Google, Facebook, Apple or Samsung.
Thanks for signing up!
- You get a small Thanks for signing up! message and this dialog box opens, you have created another account with a different email or login method:
- In this case, log out and try a different email.
- If another email doesn't work, please send us an email at email@example.com so that we can help.
What if my magic link email never arrived?
Occasionally an email server will reject our attempts to send you a magic link. If the email is not in your Spam folder, this is likely the case. In this instance we can change your account email to work around this.
To reach out to us, you can click on the Get help button in the Forgot Password dialog box:
...or you can send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please let us know that you are not getting magic link emails and please provide us with a different email created with one of the reliable email service providers (Gmail, Yahoo, etc.).
I logged in but all of my recipes are gone?
If you have logged into Whisk but the recipes you have saved are no longer in your Recipe Box, you have most likely created a second, separate account.
You can use one of the methods above, or reach out to us via in-app feedback forms (preferable) or at email@example.com so that we can help..